General Meeting - September 18, 2009
THE FRIENDSHIP FORCE OF GREATER LANSING
SUMMARY OF BOARD MEETING- SEPTEMBER 18, 2009
The Board met at the home of RoseMary & Tom Hopp. Minutes of the last board meeting in July were read and approved.
No treasurer’s report since Bob was out-of-town.
1) Tom Hopp presented the names of the nominations for the coming year:
President: Diane Maxim-Parsons
Vice-President: Sue Hill
Secretary: RoseMary Hopp
Treasurer: Ron Parsons
This slate will be presented at the annual meeting on Friday, October 9.
2) Causeway Coast out-bound exchange will take place in May. More information to follow.
3) Ghana exchange is progressing well and Ron is holding a meeting on Sunday, Sept. 27 at 6:30 P.M. at his home to finalize.
Someone from Ghana will be there to answer questions.
4) 2010 Presidents’ Meeting will be held in Northern Illinois-April 22-23.
5) Legacy Fund--purpose to help create clubs in other countries.—Help?--tabled.
6) World Friendship Day- March 1, 2010: Ron & Tom proposed a "wine-tasting" party. They were put in charge.
7) Where to go in 2011?—Australia and New Zealand were suggested.
8) Tom suggested more involvement with international students at Michigan State University. Our new member, Carol Wilson-Duffy,
would be a good source.
9) ANNUAL MEETING- Friday, October 9 at 6:30 P.M. at Sam Corey Center on Holt Rd. (NOT the new on Cedar St.) It will be
a potluck and Margaret Sickles has agreed to coordinate it. Thanks, Margaret!
The next board meeting will be on November 9 at the home of Ron & Diane.
RoseMary Hopp, Secretary