THE FRIENDSHIP FORCE OF GREATER LANSING
Old opened the meeting at her home at 7:05 p.m. Minutes from the October 13, 2011 Board Meeting and the October 20, 2011 General
Meeting were read and approved with the following corrections:
- Board Minutes October 13, 2011 – Sue Hill had suggested that the club either be on Facebook
(per the minutes) OR that a newsletter be developed
- General Meeting Minutes October 20, 2011 – Correction to the spelling of the city of
Bob Sheap provided a detailed summary of
expenses and income since the beginning of this fiscal year (October 2011), including the funds collected for the Brazil outbound exchange.
The 2011/2012 Membership list was also provided.
- Georgia reported on the March 2012 Outbound
Exchange to Florianopolis, Brazil. Final payments are due on 12/15/11. Georgia will apply for her visa so that she can then let the
rest of the exchange know about the process. Roommates need to be confirmed.
- Tanya Green will coordinate the 2012 Inbound Exchange from the Portugese group. This is expected
to take place in September 2012, but no other information is confirmed at this time.
- Open World Program – Sue Hill reported that our grant application was approved. However, no money has been approved by Congress yet. This would be a delegation of
12 people (plus 2 facilitators) from the Ukraine
during the first week on November. The group is interested in High School and
- Georgia requested Penticton, British Columbia as our 1st choice
for the 2013 Outbound Exchange. Second choice request is southern Germany and 3rd choice is Ottawa.
- By-Laws Amendments/Revisions – a couple of minor changes are needed. Georgia will contact
D. Dennis Dudley to ask for the information of the needed changes in writing so that they can be implemented.
- Policy and Procedure Committee – Jill Murphy will chair this committee which includes
Bob Sheap and D. Dennis Dudley.
- The Holiday party will be held on December 2nd. The Board asked Bob Sheap if he would show the same program of photos that was shown
at the October 20th meeting, for those who were not there or would like to see the beautiful photos again. Bob agreed to present a program at the party.
- Discussion took place about Sue Hill’s proposal
for either a club Facebook page or a newsletter. The Board agreed to proceed
with a newsletter at this time as not everyone is on Facebook, and a newsletter can be emailed to both members and prospective members. Sue will create the newsletter.
- Email list – the email list will be updated. Margaret
will provide it to Laurie to send out the General Meeting minutes.
2. More community involvement – Georgia
contacted Dottie at the Refugee Center
to see if there are needs our group could help with. There was discussion about
the possibility of getting the word out to the group to bring items to the Holiday party. A motion that we look into putting something together for the Center was made by Margaret,
seconded by Ron and approved.
- 2012 Calendar – Dates for Board and General meetings were identified. The current location at Hickory Hills is a good location. There
is still a question, however, of whether we can meet there if Joan is not in attendance.
v January 18 – Board meeting at Georgia’s house
v February 16 – General meeting
v March 28 – Board meeting at Bob’s house
v April 19 – General meeting
v May 16 – Board meeting at Sue’s house
v June 21 – General meeting
v July 18 – Board meeting at Margaret’s house
v August 16 – General meeting and Picnic
v September 19 – Board meeting at Laurie’s
v October 18 – General meeting
v November 14 – Board meeting at Casey’s house
v December 7 – Holiday Party
- Banking – Bob Sheap
a change from using 5/3rd bank to Lake Trust credit union. 5/3rd will
be charging for wire transfers and many of their locations are closing. A motion
that we transfer the bank account to Lake Trust
was made by Sue, seconded by Margaret and approved.
- Dues increase
a proposal at the October 20th General meeting to increase the dues to cover our current shortage. A motion was made to increase singles to $25 and couples to $35 by Bob, seconded by Margaret and approved.
- The group discussed whether to invest $60 annually in the website to increase the capacity. This had been approved some time ago. A
motion was made by Sue to reaffirm our desire to pay $60 to Alta Vista/Tripod for ad-free website services. The motion was seconded by Bob and approved.
- Georgia will contact Marge Clark to see
if she would be interested in presenting her Mississippi
trip at the February General meeting.
Meeting was adjourned
at 8:45 p.m.